Pastoral Care

If at any time students need the assistance regarding any issue to do with their study or life in New Zealand they should feel free to reach out to one of our staff.

Student Welfare Officer: Kristy Zhou, Ph: 021 0811 5638

Health and Safety Officer: Angela Luo, Ph: 021 122 0867

Assistant to Principal: Paul Rothville, Ph: 022 4511 443


The Institute of Commercial Education (NZ) Ltd. has agreed to observe and be bound by the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students. Copies of the Code are available from the New Zealand Qualification Authority (NZQA) website.


Full details regarding immigration requirements, advice on your rights to employment while studying in New Zealand, and reporting requirements are available from Immigration New Zealand, and can be view on their website.


Most international students are not entitled to publicly funded health services while in New Zealand. If you receive medical treatment during your visit, you may be liable for the full cost of that treatment. Full details on entitlements to publicly funded health services are available through the Ministry of Health, and can be viewed on their website.


The Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) provides accident insurance for all New Zealand citizens, residents, and temporary visitors to New Zealand; however, you may still be liable for some or all medical and other related costs that are a result of an accident. Further information can be viewed on the ACC website.


International students (including groups of international students) must have the appropriate and current medical and travel insurance while in New Zealand.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *